As many of you may or may not know, Tam has been diagnosed with skin cancer. Tam is a national treasure in the gun-blogosphere and she’s uninsured so this is going to cost her a fortune out of her own pocket.
This cannot stand.
I loathe forced charity because I know that we are a charitable country who would gladly give as much as possible when our fellow man (or woman) is in need, and it’s time to put our money where Tam’s nose is. If you can’t hit her tip jar directly, here are some other ways to help (copied and pasted directly from JayG)
- Rimfire Designs has 1911 and Hi-Power grips in their raffle to help raise money for Tam. ($5 donation)
- OldNFO is parting with one of his beloved Colts to help Tam out ($25 donation) and Michael will make a custom holster for it. Additionally, Stingray is tossing in his $200 Brownells gift certificate from KTKC into that raffle, and Joe Speer (of handgonne fame) is tossing in a handgonne as well. The first name pulled for NFO's raffle gets the Colt, then the handgonne, then the Brownell's certificate. The Fabulous Phlegmmy has offered a custom necklace to go along with this raffle.
- Carteach0 is offering up an ISSC M-22 pistol ($25 donation)
- John has a Ruger P94 in "10mm short" (heh) ($25 donation)
- Dennis from Dragon Leatherworks is also running a raffle to raise money for Tam ($5.56 donation - heh)
- Zercool is raffling off your choice of one of two Talon holsters. ($5 donation)
- The_Jack is offering a raffle for another handgonne. ($15 donation)
- Ambulance Driver has offered five (5!) signed copies of his book ($5 donation) - this will have five winners!
Please, let’s help Tam get through this. Join a raffle or hit up her tip jar.