In 10 days, I turn 40. This is a big deal to a lot of people, and yes, it’s a big deal to me as well. I would like to do something I’ve never done here on this blog and that is to ask you, my readers, to get me a gift.
It’s a simple gift. It costs as much or as little as you want. On Monday, October 15th, I want you to buy me a gift, but give it to someone else. It doesn’t matter what it is. Heck, it doesn’t even have to be something you buy, maybe just something you do. Here are some ideas to help you get started
- When you grab a cup of coffee in the morning, buy the person behind you a cup
- Pay the toll of the next 5 cars
- Bring in breakfast for your coworkers
- Give the homeless guy you pass ever day some money
- Donate some money to a charity that you’ve been meaning to
- Mow your neighbor’s lawn after you finish yours
- In a restaurant where there are both kids and video games, go ahead and drop some quarters in them for ‘free games’
Doesn’t matter what it is, just do something nice and unexpected. Be creative. Be generous.
And let me know what it is on my birthday. If you have a Twitter account, use the tag #AGiftForRobb. And please, tell your friends, Tweet this post, see if we can get something going in 10 days to make my birthday special. What I’d like more than anything is to see people I do not know personally or who don’t even read me hop on board with this. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t, but the person who gets the coffee behind you will think you’re neat, and so will I.