So, I'm in the midst of learning Silverlight which is, in the most basic terms, Microsoft's answer to Flash. Yes, I'm a Microsoft drone so my opinion is skewed, but I used to work with Flash and remembered every time I tried to get anything working, I found myself longing for a root canal sans Novocain to take my mind off things.
Anyway, Silverlight works on Macs as well as PCs natively and Linux people have Moonlight which should work just fine (can't say for sure, I've not tried it).
Having gotten that out of the way, here's the beta for my sign generator. Simply click on the sign, start typing, and viola! Bring teh funny!
This is, of course, a beta. There are many things I need to fix
- Lettering needs to be randomly spaced (this worked in my original application, the porting to Silverlight didn't seem to take).
- The ability to substitute letters – I.E. an upside down 3 for E, 1 for L, etc.
- The occasional red letter
- A better export. PNG is awesome, but it's large (your file will be about 2 megabytes)
- Prettier UI. That's as basic as it comes
- More signs – In the works is a KFC sign, but I'd also like to be able to do those Road Signs.
Please give it a shot, let me know if you have any problems.