So last night, I had several tabs open, trying out this and that in Chrome, when the one tab with a YouTube video on it locked up, and locked up hard.
"Great!" I thought as I went to switch to another tab. "This will be a good test to see how multithreaded the application really is!"
All tabs were dead. Couldn't switch to any of them, nor could I switch to the other window that was running Chrome. Oddly, every other window like email or my RSS reader worked fine. Eventually the one tab started responding and everything was fine, but it was very disconcerting that a hang in one tab caused all the others to lock up as well.
More info as I get it.