Started looking at my Touchstream keyboard because something in the back of my head was screaming at me to try to fix it. Maybe that voice was connected to the nerves in my wrist…
Anyway, I realized that the problem started the moment I picked up the keyboard to show someone how flat it is. The two halves of the keyboard are held together by a ribbon cable, a complete failure of engineering design. I started thinking “Hey, something went goofy when I moved the keyboard.” Then I started thinking “The reason I don’t take it home anymore is because every time I moved it, it would hose up.”
Putting 2 and 2 together, I came up with 17. So I used a calculator and came up with 4. Then it dawned on me – Something is probably fubar with the cable.
Turning the unit over, you can see where the cables attach to the board. After reading a bunch of forums, I realized many other people had the same error and they fixed it by simply pressing down on the connectors. So I did that. And now I’m working again on my wonderful, ergonomic, uber-keyboard that is the envy of all the IT department.
That, and my wrists are already breathing a huge sigh of relief.
It’s just going to take me a week to get used to typing on it again. Expect more typos than normal.